Copper and Hare
This fur ball is a very simple fly to tie, but can be very effective. It is a suggestive fly that could be a midge, scud, caddis or a mayfly. Try tying in other colors or furs. The wire rib is optional.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||Scud hook size 16 - 20.|
|Body:||Grey Rabbit Fur.|
|Bead:||Copper sized to hook.|
|Rib:||XS Copper wire (Optional).|
- Slide the bead on the hook and mount it in the vise.
- Lay a thread base down the shank of the hook.
- Tie in the wire at the base of the shank with the wire towards the rear.
- Dub a tapered body to a point behind the bead.
- Wrap the wire forward to form the rib. Tie off the wire and cut the excess.
- Whip finish. Head cement is optional.
Flies and/or materials available at T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved