C R Gold
The Current River Gold (CR Gold) is a pattern developed by Dick King to imitate the golden stonefly found in the Current River. The fly, however, is not limited to the Current River and will produce fish any where stoneflies are found in the water.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||Dai-Riki 700 Size 8-12.|
|Body:||Specially dyed orange yarn***.|
|Weight:||Lead wire appropriate for hook size. (Optional).|
|Tail:||Black medium round rubber leg material.|
|Antenna:||Black medium round rubber leg material.|
|***||-- Tommy makes this material using a special yarn and dye.|
- Mount the hook and wrap the thorax area with lead.
- Tie on two pieces of rubber leg material in front of the lead behind the hook eye leaving about one inch of leg material in front of the eye for antenna. Stretch the rubber leg material as it is tied on top of the hook shank. Extend the rubber leg material behind the hook shank for tails.
- Tie on 13-14 pieces of peacock to the shank at a point above the barb. Tie in a hackle, tip first, at this same point. Bring the thread to a point behind the lead and tie on the body material. Secure the material back to a point on the hook shank above the barb.
- Bring the thread forward to a point behind the eye in front of the lead. Wind the body material forward, tie off and clip.
- Pull the peacock herl over the top of the shank to form a carapace. Secure the peacock herl behind the eye in front of the lead and clip the excess.
- Palmer the hackle forward, tie it off behind the eye in front of the lead and clip.
- Whip finish the head and clip the thread.
- Cut the rubber leg material to size to form the tails and antennae
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved