Hare's Ear Soft Hackle
The Soft Hackle is an old pattern that is always reliable. The Hare's Ear is one of those patterns that should be in your fly box.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||TMC 100, Sizes 12-18.|
|Body:||Dubbing from Hare's Ear.|
|Thorax:||Dark dubbing from Hare's Ear.|
- Mount the hook and lay a thread base down the hook.
- Tie the ribbing material to the near side of the hook.
- Starting at the bend dub a body of hare's ear (usually lighter in color than he thorax) fur to a point about three eye lengths behind the eye.
- Wrap the ribbing forward, tie off and clip
- Dub the thorax with the dark fur from a hare's ear.
- Tie in the Hungarian Partridge by the tip (be sure the bright side of the hackle is facing up). Make no more than two turns of hackle.
- Pull the hackles towards the bend of the fly and tie off.
- Add a drop of head cement
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved