Micro Midge (Winter Midge)
The Micro Midge can be found in the Winter 2011 copy of the Federation of Fly Fishers magazine Fly Fishers.
Click Fly to Enlarge
|Hook:||TMC 125, size 18-24.|
|Thorax:||3/8" wide 2mm Fun Foam (Color of choice).|
|Body:||Small Black round rubber leg material or 5mm Stretch Magic|
|Wings:||Strand of small mylar or midge braid or Kreinik braid|
|Hackle:||Grizzly black/white or Brown/cream.|
- Secure hook in vise and start thread one eye length behind the eye.
- Wrap thread to a point on the shank above the point of the hook.
- Tie in rubber body on the shank with the rubber body extending beyond the end of the hook. Cut the body slightly longer than the length of the hook.
- Tie in the braid or mylar over the body so that it extends to the rubber body in the rear and past the eye in the front of the fly. Clip the rear end of the braid or mylar slightly shorter than the rubber body. Clip the braid or mylar flash in front slightly beyond the eye.
- Tie in the grizzly hackle and make two or three turns behind the eye. Clip and tie off.
T. Hargrove Fly Fishing Inc,
Saint Louis, Missouri 63144
Phone - 314.968.4223
© 2015 All rights reserved